Friday 25 April 2014

At the Restaurant- Dialogue



Click on the link below to listen to this dialogue at a restaurant. Remember the use of the modals 'may',  'would' and 'could'. You can find the transcript below, too.


At the restaurant





WAITER - May I take your order?
CUSTOMER #1 - Yes.  I'd like the chicken and a side order of corn.
WAITER - And what would you like to drink?
CUSTOMER #1 - I'd like a cup of coffee, please.
WAITER - And what would you like to order?    
CUSTOMER #2 - I'll take the spaghetti and a salad.
WAITER - What would you like to drink?
CUSTOMER #2 - Just water, please.
(after the meal)
WAITER - Would you like something for dessert?
CUSTOMER #1 - Yes, I'll have the cake, please.  Would you like something?
CUSTOMER #2 - No thanks.  I'm full.
(after dessert)
CUSTOMER #1 - Could we have the check, please?
WAITER - Yes, here it is.
CUSTOMER #1 - Hmmm.  $23.55.  Here you are.
WAITER - Thank you.  Come again.
CUSTOMER #1 - Thank you. Goodbye.





No comments:

Post a Comment